by Prof. Wetwang August 4, 2004
by taco lord May 26, 2011
used for lack of a better word in a conversation. can express 1)indifference, 2)actual interest, or 3)kill time before having to actually respond with a complete sentence (each indicated by the user's tone and manner); excellent word choice option when you do not want the person you are talking to to be able to say something else.
1)"I like to study." - "Interesting..."
2)"I got 10 kinds of nasty at the party last night!" - "Interesting...were there a lot of hot guys there?"
3)"I have 3 cars, 2 bikes, and I am a personal trainer." - "Interesting (check out person)...so what was your name again?"
by CMurder June 27, 2006
by Turby April 29, 2005
by Kazuya Darklight October 6, 2005
One of the best possible responses in various levels of conversation. There are many uses.
1. If you aren't paying attention to an elongated conversation and are struck out of your trance-like state of boredom to realize it's your turn to speak.
2. If you are put on the spot to give your opinion of something you don't particularly like or dislike, but you don't want to sound rude.
3. If you are trying to squirm your way out of awkward small-talk with someone you don't want to listen to.
1. Stacy: "...and then after he gave me flowers, he tried to KISS me! Eww!"
Rebecca: "...Huh? Oh. Interesting."
2. Joe: "So, how do you like the veggie burgers I made?"
Steve: "Well, they're interesting..."
3. Acquaintance: "Yeah, so how about them Yankees? I got their logo tattooed on my back last week. It's not healing properly though, the edges have pus."
by stfukthxdood March 1, 2010
by larry lynch July 11, 2008